In the lounge panelled with Swiss stone pine on the left side of the centre corridor, an inscription of the year date 1697 graces the upper doorframe and it is likely to be the year when this old Walser house was built. The Sgrafitti is characteristic of the Engadin influence on the architectural style of the house.
In the year 1909, Erhard Gredig-Büsch of Davos-Platz received the go-ahead for the purchase of the Islen property, which has stayed in the ownership of the family and heirs to the present day. In 1913, the shooting range of Davos was moved to Islen and a «pub and restaurant» opened its doors for the first time in the old farmhouse. In 1974, the house was renovated extensively on the inside and outside and adjusted to today’s requirements for a modern restaurant business. As soon as in 1986, the lounges and kitchen were extended and once more renovated.
The Restaurant Islen AG was founded in 1974. The target is, to enable the renovation and to ensure the continuation of this old Davos house as a Restaurant. The 3rd Generation of Erhard Gredig-Büsch lead today the corporation and the next Generation is aready involved.
More about the history of the Islen Inn (on german)»